LG won't turn on

Arsla

Commendable
Dec 20, 2016
I have an LG K10 (dual sim) and a few days ago I took it out of my pocket and it was showing the LG logo like it was turning on, which it wouldn't.

I pulled out the battery and put it back in and it turns on shows the screen with the background and everything and it would just freeze there after some time it would pointlessly restart by itself (sometimes it wouldn't turn on at all it would just stay on the lg logo).

After that I pulled out my SD card, held the power button and the volume down button and returned it to the factory settings which was successful.

It worked for about 5 days and then one day I unlocked my phone and turned on Wi-Fi and bam the LG logo is back. Pulled out battery, put it back in, power button, LG logo keeps cycling. Then I tried reseting it, pulled out battery, back in, power button and volume down and it would start the screen with a bit of a delay but it would be the LG logo again.

My friend had the same problem with his LG and every repairman he visited said that his motherboad was broken and none of them wanted to fix it.

It may be hardware, but it is best to check some things first.

Try starting up the phone in "Safe Mode". While you will have limited access while in that mode, if it fully loads up the phone, then you know there is something on the device that is the problem and not a hardware issue. In that case you would have to remove whatever app, virus, malware, etc., is causing the problem to resolve it. Also, when you did your reset, if you did it as a "Factory" one, which gives you the ability to save personal data on the device, then that would also only temporarily resolve the issue (if there was something on the device) as that problem would not have been completely removed. Now a "Hard Reset", which fully wipes the device and saves nothing, that would remove any issue.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Arsla

Commendable
Dec 20, 2016

I can't start it in safe mode. The way you mentioned doesn't work. I googled how to start LG K10 in safe mode and they said I had to hold the power button, restart phone and then hold volume down but to restart it my phone needs to be on. I did find a method with phone already off but it didn't work. As I said last time I fixed it with holding volume down and power button and it asked me to recover to factory settings. Now that I do it there is a delay in turning on the screen which might mean it failed to start whatever the thingy was from before.