LG55LM9600

trepxe

Honorable
Feb 14, 2012

http://stuffaboutgames-dave.blogspot.com/2012/05/dual-play-on-lg-cinema-3d-tv-tutorial.html

Check out the link above. It basically shows you how to make your own RF LF glasses.

How they work?

This technology is only available for passive sets at the moment. I'm not sure if Vizio, Panasonic, or Toshiba have it on their passive sets but I do know some of the LG 3D TVs have them. They work by showing one player the odd vertical pixels and the other player even vertical pixels. You will be able to see separate images taking up the whole screen.

heatherlinney

Honorable
May 10, 2012

LM9600 has nice 3D effects but when you play in dual play mode, it's only in 2D mode.

When you invoke dual play in your game, let's say Call of Dutyl which requires more than two players. Then you go through the normal set up for split screen by using its magic motion remote. You may choose either vertical or horizontal mode which totally depends on you. and then put on its special glasses, there you go. Player 1 can only see his or her charactor in her own full screen while player 2 does the same.

It uses the passive 3D techonology that provides images to your left and right eyes seperately, so when the special glasses for each player only receive the same images constantly, players can only see their own screen.

yang0409

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012
This feature is really cool. I tried it when I attended an IT show a few weeks back. Actually, all the LG smart 3d tvs released this year will have this feature. But I heard that even last year models can enjoy this feature. I suppose you didn't choose LM9600 just because of it. I saw it and watched from it personally and image quality is really great.

cutley7ad

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
That’s cool. I like the Dual play technology. But I thought it shows games in 3D mode. LG has done pretty good job. Beautiful design, zero level bezel, magic control, smart applications and this dual play mode make it different from other 3D TVs.

manunited619

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
trepxe, you mean the horizontal pixels, right? Because that's how the passive sets work. And dual play does work in 3D, cutley7ad. The left and right eyes of a regular 3D set of glasses pick up odd and even horizontal pixels. So left picks up odd and right picks up even. But in dual play, the glasses are a bit different. One person would have glasses that only pick up odd pixels and the other would only pick up even pixels. So ultimately, two people would see two different images on one screen.

sakun

Honorable
Jun 21, 2012
Let me just say it's the end of split screens; something that other brands like Samsung and Sony should've came up with long time ago. I admire LG for being first