LG's Dual-core G2X Launching April 15

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

g00ey

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]As I probably made obvious in other Galaxy S posts, I don't like samsung for releasing a phone with so much potential, but so little RAM.They probably did this on purpose to make people rush off into their "next big thing", the Galaxy S II which I WON'T be buying.[/citation]
But the Galaxy S2 comes with 1GB of RAM which is just as much as the Motorola Atrix and twice as much as LG's Optimus x2/G2X. On top of that the Galaxy S2 comes with either 16GB or 32GB internal flash memory which can be expanded by an additional 32GB through the SD card slot.

G

People overestimate their CPUs battery consumption, the actually CPU is only a tiny part of the whole SOC, find a diagram of one. Constant data connectivity (3G/4G/Wifi) is the big battery killer. There's plenty of apps and widgets for turning those off, unless you really need to be notified of when you have email...

Friis

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
found a heavy game for my LG Optimus 2x (dungeon defenders), playing it smoothly but soon after i had low battery, so i set it to charge while i was playing, a few hours later i stopped playing and looked how much the phone had charged... nothing (maybe discharged some).

as for playing Full-HD movie, it didn't take my Full-HD mkv so well, nor did it take only HD avi files well. so if you wonna play movies on it, you might wonna convert it to something the phone is good at playing like 3gp files like the phone is recording its Full-HD, but when you are already converting, you might aswell cut the video to the phones size.

G

this phone should be 21 mbps. Y? T-mobile web rocket 2.0 and jet 2.0 stick has a theoretical speed of 21 mbps. G2x and these two webstick has the same frequency band. how could the jet 2.0 with 850 MHz;900 MHz;1800 MHz;1900 MHz;UMTS/HSPA+: AWS Band IV / 2100 / 1900 / 850 be 21mbps if G2x is the same.

G

thr g2x ...its better than u all think ot is....it is simply 1of the top 5 cellphones out there today....

Status
Not open for further replies.