LG's Optimus LTE2 Smartphone Boasts 2GB of RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsian

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2007
oh boy, honestly i was a hardware person and still am but...

I am a HD2 user which thnx to XDA gives me the privillage to use all OS out there from WM6.5 to all version of android including 4.0 and WP7 and 7.5. I think I am going to stick with WP 7.5 from now on, it runs faster on a 3 year old hardware in comparison to iPHone 4s when it comes to booting time, shutting down, launching browser and apps, the pinch to zoom and browsing is fast and smooth,... I mean what else one needs? Oh it runs Angry Bird and ... super smoothly. The phone has 1 GHz Snapdragon processor (overclockable to 1.5 when rooted) and 576mb of RAM with Adreno 205 (?) GPU.

Android on the other hand, keeps piling up more hardware demand. Now, i have to be honest, XDA member's ROM is far far far faster and smoother than anybody elses. If you are an android user and want best of it, go pick up a custom ROM.

My point in all this, is Hardware is being pushed to the point beyond necessity. The platform is not a useful device for producing content and work. I rather have the smooth performance in practical applications (like what WP7.5 can deliver) and use a hardware that takes less battery (shrink die single core or dual core), a good battery and solid software. Phone needs to work as a phone when u need a fucking phone.

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
Finally another good step in the right direction (was wondering why it took so long to release phones with 2GB RAM,

with 1GB RAM, android takes about 400-500MB of it at startup (which is annoying considering that it is less functional than an os like windows XP (which uses only about 40-60MB of RAM on it's self at startup and is considerably more functional)

archange

Distinguished
May 7, 2007
The company today launched the LG Optimus LTE2, which is set for launch in Korea this month.

OK, either it is launched (then how can it be "set to launch"), or it is set to launch (but then how can it have already been launched???).

Mind boggling, ain't it?

Please, either launch it or don't. But I'm sick and tired of paper launches.

G

I wonder when they're going to start using dedicated buttons for voice command. It seems a bit annoying to have to unlock your phone, then select them and then record your voice. However, i've never had a phone with voice command, so.... maybe this is how they already work. If so, ignore this post.

G

It already works that way @hrm: Press and hold the 'search' hardware button on any Android and the speak prompt will open :)

Status
Not open for further replies.