LG's Wrist Cell Phone Shows Up at CES

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Wrist cancer is right.

Also one step closer to the human microchip.
(These things are introduced in stages..)

hacker91

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2006
Anyone else see this as something that AT&T was proposing 20 years ago? As i recall it was actually blocked by the FFC back then as being anti-competive. On a side note if it wasnt for the break up of AT&T SBC 30 years ago we would be 30 years futher advanced in telcom. Thank MCI/Sprint for screwing the world.

nekatreven

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
[citation][nom]hacker91[/nom]Anyone else see this as something that AT&T was proposing 20 years ago? As i recall it was actually blocked by the FFC back then as being anti-competive. On a side note if it wasnt for the break up of AT&T SBC 30 years ago we would be 30 years futher advanced in telcom. Thank MCI/Sprint for screwing the world.[/citation]

AT&T sold the same, beige phone for like 50 years. They've made little effort to get on-board with voip technology, and they spent the subsequent 30 years rearranging themselves back into the company that was ruled anti-competitive in the first place...oh yea, they're real innovators. I mean I just freaking love paying $85 a month for a phone in a rural area that would cost $25 on voip, dude thats the shit.

...and anyway...what the hell is the FFC?!? You mean FCC maybe?

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
Someone needs to make this concept into a blue tooth handset for your existing phone. Keeps the cost of the device down by marketing it to everyone and less real tech located in the wrist watch that needs to be super micro-sized...

Status
Not open for further replies.