Library Seeks $300,000 to Build Game Collection

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightskeeter

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
The Topeka Library already does this with a huge red box.

It rents out over 160 Blu-rays, 150 360 games, 150 Wii games, and only 98 PS3 games. Also rents out Music CD's. Games you get a 14 day period, with the max of 2 at a time. Blu-rays are 3 Day rentals, with the max of 2 aswell.

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
[citation][nom]gti88[/nom]May be the next thing the library will consider will be buying a french wines collection to attract even more readers?[/citation]

Drunk Gamers in the library! that'll go over smoothly :p

Simple11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2009
I don't feel that the games they offer is a problem. Depending on what games they have, they might draw in more people. But the real problem is crime, in my opinion. All the LAN centers in my area closed partly due to kids fighting too much and some fights going too far. Look at the kid in China getting knifed in the head. Sure he was cheating, but the outcome is way too brutal.

xyster

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2005
woohoo. i love my toronto - i still have my library card too. I have only been using it to log onto the city's public wifi though - but less now that I have 3G. Great to have another reason to carry it around.

can anyone say lan party in the study room?

VWXYZ

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009
Librarys in Denmark have had video games for ages, they only carry non-m-rated games though, and only have a single copy of each game, and only those that is like 6 months old.

It ok, anyways, free ya know!

G

Why don't we start selling marijuana from the library too so that we can "get people to come and be users of the library"?

G

A couple years after this is done, prosecutors will start accessing library records for criminals to argue that they were acting out video games in real life. Don't forget about that one giant "catch" about using a public library: the government keeps a dossier on everything you check out and will use it against you the first chance it gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.