Light Gaming Notebook for Travel

ragestayer

Honorable
May 22, 2013
1. What is your budget?
$300-$800

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
11" - 15.5"

3. What screen resolution do you want?
I'm not picky - I think 720p is fine, and I don't care about 16:9 vs 16:10.

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Portable

5. How much battery life do you need?
At least 4 hours

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Yup, at the moment Dota 2 and Diablo 3 on Low - similar (in terms of system requirements) titles on Low in the future would be good too.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Web browsing, playing TV episodes connected to a TV (must have HDMI out)

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
64GB

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
I'm thinking of using the Lenovo Outlet, but I'm not picky. I found this laptop that seems to give a lot of what I want there: http://outlet.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/outlet_us/LenovoPortal/en_US/catalog.workflow:item.detail?GroupID=445&Code=43762CU

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
2-3 years at least

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
None

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I like Lenovo (I had a netbook and it was nice), but I'm not picky. I think I'd rather stay away from HP because I don't like the bloatware that comes pre-installed.

13. What country do you live in?
USA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I travel across the US every month or so and want something that will handle some gaming (on low settings, I don't really care about games looking beautiful while I'm traveling) when I do so and also last most of a cross-country flight (min 4 hour battery life). It seems to me like switchable graphics or the AMD Trinity would be appropriate, but I don't know much about either.