Light [maybe an ultra portable?] Laptops

theworminator

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2006
Hey, I'm planning to go into university next year (yeah, engineering, but we won't need a powerful laptop until a lot later apparently) so I'm planning on getting a lightish laptop that can still process non-gaming applications really fast. So C2D and a gig of ram at least. I'd prefer to keep the price down to about 2000 canadian dollars, which would be 1760 USD. Preferably under 5 pounds (though a bit more wouldn't matter). And not from Dell or Alienware, whose customer service seem to have gone to hell.

Bonus: kudos to anyone who can find me one with a cool logo on the front...and cookies for those who can find a laptop that's not generic silver :lol:

Thanks!

geeko

Distinguished
May 6, 2006
Then I wouls suggest one from killernotebooks.com

They are rezl power-houses. they start from $1700, super customer service and immidiate replys to emails.

PM me if/after the order

theworminator

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2006
Sweet. But how much do the following cost?
- Custom gaming skin
- Brushed charcoal aluminum
- Branding

And does that apply to all of your notebooks, including Kodachi?

InvaderKim

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2006
I am also curious.
If you buy the Executioner does the "executioner" branding that is seen on the bottom/back of the LCD screen in some of the pictures come with it, or is it additional?
I don't see the price for branding listed in the customization options for the Executioner.
Thanks. :)