Limited Edition Halo 4 Xbox 360 Bundle Spotted

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

No, it tickles nothing. That console is far, far too old to be sold as something worth more than ~$150USD. The game itself, no more than $40.

But then again, I don't even own a normal Xbox 360. Perhaps some people like paying hugely inflated prices for what is essentially a reskin.
Omgz it haz sounds when the disc tray opens and at startup; and they even laminated it in the spirit of Halo! So kewl!

Microsoft, I love your OS (yes, I love Windows . . . come at me, linux fans.), but I lose so much respect every time you release these moneygrabs.

john_4

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
The first Halo (PC) was great after that it was all downhill. I still chuckle when I think of the little guys the first time in the beginning on the ship when one yelled out, "Run away, he's a killer".

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
Jeepers. I was half tempted until I read 399. It's 7 year old hardware, get real Microsoft. The new consoles should be out in a year or two anyways, they won't want to be that late after the Wii U launches. Not worth it at all at that price.

dingo07

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012
I still own 2 original xbox's just to play Steel Battalion! LOVE that effen simulation!!!!

I'll never purchase another Microsoft gaming console... just aint worth it. I have a PS2 and I game mostly on my PC.

s3anister

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
Haters aside, this console looks really cool and I'm looking forward to Halo 4; even if I'm disappointed that the release is for the 360 instead of the nextbox...

DroKing

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
Lol... as others mentioned This is 7 yrs old tech and they still charge it as new? Seriously fucck off MSFT also games should be 40 brand new not 60 for this pile of shit.

JJ1217

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
All the people complaining about $400 for old tech. Think about it. Halo 4 will be about $80 on release, two wireless controllers cost about $120, a 320GB hard drive is worth around $80, and the mic is worth $10. Not to mention you are getting free DLC and skins with the game. Realistically your only paying $110 for the console. And an awesomely designed one at that.

DroKing

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
Lol JJ... how is 80 bucks for a game a good deal? Wireless controllers should be 30 bucks a pop instead they still charge 60 for such old tech. 320 gb for 80 is just a ripp off although that isnt MSFT's fault.. its the HDD makers fault. and Mic is 10? lol should be a dollar for that 20+ yrs old tech.

Console_Gamer

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012
Damn, everyone's always having a console vs PC war.. so what! it's funny because no one really have a smartphone vs tablet/ tablet vs laptop/ war. damn, a tablet is bigger and all and probably doesn't have a gsm/cdma chip. it's getting pretty old trying to tell people that the PC is better or this and that and will always and forever be better than any console (which is pretty funny, cos i like my PC, but i haven't found a game that entertained me like Area 51 on the arcades). I'm pretty sure everyone Tom's are pretty much here to read about computer news, even if it's about the PS3/Xbox 360/Wii/others (which are technically a computer in a small form factor). I personally don't care for the special editions of the Xbox's or any consoles... but i'm sure there are some readers here who would buy a "special edition" keyboard or mouse that's marked up 2x the original, so I really don't give a F*** what people buy and don't buy. buy this if you want, just like some people would spend on a "special edition" gaming case or graphics card. I bought my Antec 900 back in 2008 and 5 years later, it's still 100.00. i see not a lot of people complaining about that... yeah, there are a lot of alternatives to the case, but there are the same to the 360/PS3.

tapnick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Lol JJ... how is 80 bucks for a game a good deal? Wireless controllers should be 30 bucks a pop instead they still charge 60 for such old tech. 320 gb for 80 is just a ripp off although that isnt MSFT's fault.. its the HDD makers fault. and Mic is 10? lol should be a dollar for that 20+ yrs old tech.

Just because something should be a certain price doesn't mean it ever is. So everyone can wine and moan about what this stuff "should" be worth the bottom line is we don't pick the prices and most of us buy the stuff anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.