Lines on laptop display

lepden

Estimable
May 1, 2015
I have a Lenovo y410 laptop which has a display issue. At first, there were flashing horizontal lines right after from the lenovo icon before system boot up. so I opened the laptop and checked around the internal connections and the flashing horizontal lines are gone but now there are very thin horizontal lines(images are pixelated) so that it has become very difficult to read texts with small fonts. And also after booting the system up there are many vertical colourful lines (the lines appear where the icons are, even the mouse pointer icon and if I moves the icons the lines follows). The weirdest thing is the vertical lines are gone during video playback though the display is still a bit pixelated. I tried to take the screenshot of the screen using snipping tool and the image produced by it is perfectly clear and the lines doesn't show in the screenshot. I'm sure this is not a driver or graphic chip issue as external monitor display is fine. what might be the cause? Is the LCD panel fried or is it the display cable or something else....please help.

Solution
In this instance I think the cable would be most suspect, try moving the display through different angles to see if you can find an angle that produces a clear display - if so you can be assured it is the cable.
You might also check the ends of the cables that they aren't frayed or exposed
In this instance I think the cable would be most suspect, try moving the display through different angles to see if you can find an angle that produces a clear display - if so you can be assured it is the cable.
You might also check the ends of the cables that they aren't frayed or exposed

Solution