Local Channels on a boat.

Trawlerman

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2009
I have a Direct TV contract that includes local channels. Here in east TN, at my home, my dual LNB antenna works just fine for both the CNN etc, etc, and also the local channels. On my boat (excuse me, RV, RV, you never hear the "B" word!) I have an "in motion" antenna and I have the second receiver that I rent from Direct TV, and it works just fine for all the CNN and on up channels just like at home, but gets no local channels. Now, this I expected as it is not a dual LNB system. However, it is programmable to lock onto other satellite locations than the (if memory serves me correctly) the 101 satellite that I receive the "regular" channels on. Does anyone know if I could simply tell the tracking mechanism to look for another satellite and then get the local channels. In other words, could I simply ask the tracking mechanism to search for satellite # xxx when I want to watch local channels and satellite 101 when I want to watch regular channels?

mcgrewar

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009
I have the "RV" package which allows me to view local stations from California and New York. This is great because I get two each of CBS, ABC, NBC and FOX. However, I don't get my local stations in the "RV". Hope this helps. Enjoy "RVing". LOL