Locked out of Facebook pending Photo Verification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 2, 2018
This passed Friday night, March 30, 2018, I was browsing my Facebook and out of nowhere, I was diverted to a page, from Facebook, alerting me that due to suspicious activity on my account (potentially hacked?) that I would need to upload a photo of myself so that Facebook could verify my identity. I uploaded the photo and then it gave me the following message:

"You Can't Login Right Now"

"We'll get in touch with you after we've reviewed your photo. You'll now be logged out of Facebook as a security precaution."

I've checked periodically over the weekend and whenever I try to login, I get the same message and then Facebook automatically logs me out. It does not give me any other options on the computer screen. It has been nearly 3 days and there doesn't seem to be any movement on Facebook's end. I've not gotten any email from Facebook or any texts from Facebook.

I've done a little browsing around the internet to see if anyone else has encountered this issue. It looks like, some folks have somehow submitted their Government Issued ID to Facebook and had their access restored after about 24 hours. Apart from that, there doesn't seem to be any way to communicate directly with Facebook to resolve this issue.

Does anyone have any advice as to how to go about getting this resolved? Specifically, does anyone know how I would get hold of Facebook to submit an ID? The instructions on the verification specifically just asked for a photo, it didn't ask for ID. So I'm a bit puzzled.

A couple of points of clarification:

I used my actual birthdate when I created my Facebook profile back in 2010. I also used my Legal Name. Since 2010, I have not made any changes, so I'm confused as to why this is occurring now.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Apr 2, 2018

I figure this much at this point. My concern was, against my better judgment, I didn't verify that the request for my photo was legitimate, so after doing it and seeing I was locked out, I was concerned that I had just fallen into a phishing trap.

The more I've researched it, it seems legitimate. Thank you for the feedback, I'll update the inquiry when I notice a change. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.