Locked Pixel by Kaspersky and the OS I think

angsamen

Commendable
Dec 31, 2016
Out of habit I did something really stupid. I went into the settings on my phone and hit Uninstall for Kaspersky Security. As one would expect, Kaspersky immediately locked my phone and gave me two choices - Either Unlock Phone or press Forgot My Pin. I chose Unlock Phone. My anti-theft pin would no work. Signed on to Kaspersky and tried all sorts of things and even spoke with their support to no avail because the number pad that is showing on my phone is not the same one that Kaspersky uses for anti-theft.

I never had a lock on my phone, just a quick finger swipe to open it and use it. So I have no idea what pin it wants. Is there a default pin code if you never set one up?

Could it have something to do with the SIMM card, is that what is actually locked?

Tried to lock the phone from Google changing the password, but Google can't even find my phone.

At this point I'm just hoping there is another option other than a Factory Reset.

Any advice would be appreciated.

angsamen

Commendable
Dec 31, 2016
I think I figured it out. Had to reset it but I think the security program locked the phone and I since I had never set a password on it, google didn't have permission to control it. Either that it was the SIMM card that was locked. Not sure if resetting it would have cleared the SIMM card though. Either way, I set it up better and learned a couple lessons. lol