Loeb: Yahoo CEO's Apology Clearly Insufficient

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
[citation][nom]pkunk[/nom]Why are people giving him a free pass for lying on his resume just because he is the CEO.Why is he held to a lower standard to regular employees.If he was just one of the minions, he would have probably been fired on the spot if his manager found out that he falsified his resume to get that position. It is irrelevant whether he can do the job or not. He is not irreplaceable. There are tons of qualified executive who can do the job.I think that this would constitute fraud. Lets say that I lied on my resume and put that I had post-graduate degrees that I never took. And as a result Yahoo paid me more because I was perceived to be more valuable to the company. If the company then finds out that those degrees are bogus. Shouldn't the company fire me on the spot for committing fraud against it?[/citation]
Its not that I'm giving him a free pass. What he did was wrong. However, if he's otherwise qualified for the job I think Yahoo! should penalize him (like make him get his BS in CS) and some fiscal penalty too. However, if his presence is going to hurt Yahoo, then that's different....and unless Hart knew his resume was false I don't think she needs to be FIRED as well. They have to fire these two to penalize them...they're of no benefit to the company? If they're not of any benefit, why are they there?

I know know. I'm being too forgiving and that's just not cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.