Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert_451

Prominent
Jun 17, 2017
My laptop screen broke so I hooked up my tv with an hdmi cable
It shows a battery warming then goes blank
I think it will work if i can get past the windows login screen but I can't see to login

Solution
1. so plug laptop into charger. as HDMI might be disabled while on battery.
2. even if you do not see any login you can always press any key (so laptop will ask for your password), type password press enter.
3. Havent you got any computer screen, you could just plug it with VGA or DVI cable.
4. Take laptop to your friend (or enemy) to whoever has got a pc. this will allow you to check if laptop itself works by plugging external screen.
5. by default both screens should be mirrored (windows displays the same content on both screens) during start of the system.
so you should be able to type Your password if external screen is plugged.

ficler1977

Honorable
Mar 23, 2013
1. so plug laptop into charger. as HDMI might be disabled while on battery.
2. even if you do not see any login you can always press any key (so laptop will ask for your password), type password press enter.
3. Havent you got any computer screen, you could just plug it with VGA or DVI cable.
4. Take laptop to your friend (or enemy) to whoever has got a pc. this will allow you to check if laptop itself works by plugging external screen.
5. by default both screens should be mirrored (windows displays the same content on both screens) during start of the system.
so you should be able to type Your password if external screen is plugged.

Solution

Robert_451

Prominent
Jun 17, 2017
The Function keys don't seem to work
The battery warning says to replace it as it is below optimal capacity, this is not the problem.
I need to know if there is a way to log on with the keyboard as I cannot see to use the mouse

Robert_451

Prominent
Jun 17, 2017

That isn't my problem, though my computer won't even start up without the battery, the problem is the external monitor will not work on the login screen so I need a method to login with my keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.