Solved! Logitech 3 speaker kit with sub for PC to use sub only with old avr

Dec 6, 2018
I was given a Sherwood Newcastle avr and some speakers for my room. The subwoofer input on the box is a purple coaxial (which I have). I also own a Logitech 2 speaker /w sub for PC. I want to use the sub ONLY on the avr. The only input on the sub is a 3.5mm for the two speaker's. Coming out of the sub is a power wire and another wire that connects to a volume/ power cube. The cube has the green PC audio jack coming out of it.

CUTTING EACH WIRE& WHATS INSIDE

COAXIAL- it has 2 copper wires 1 is in another smaller white cord.

SUB TO CUBE- red, white, blue, yellow, and then unprotected copper.

CUBE TO GREEN 3.5MM- red, white, and then unprotected copper.

So how exactly do I splice these to work?

Solution
I don't think you need to cut any wires.
Connect the subwoofer output of the AVR to the input of the 2.1 speaker system.
You would need a single Y splitter (1 male to 2 female) to split the subwoofer out and a cable with 2 RCA at one end and probably a 3.5mm stereo mini plug at the other. You don't need to plug in the satellite speakers to the sub.
Even if you get it working it may not work well. No harm in trying it but don't expect a great result. If may not keep up with the speakers you have connected to the AVR.
I don't think you need to cut any wires.
Connect the subwoofer output of the AVR to the input of the 2.1 speaker system.
You would need a single Y splitter (1 male to 2 female) to split the subwoofer out and a cable with 2 RCA at one end and probably a 3.5mm stereo mini plug at the other. You don't need to plug in the satellite speakers to the sub.
Even if you get it working it may not work well. No harm in trying it but don't expect a great result. If may not keep up with the speakers you have connected to the AVR.

Solution