Logitech G633's not working with certain games

Cobi3150

Prominent
Mar 1, 2017
When my Logitech G633's are plugged in via USB they work fine 99% of the time, except when I launch a certain game (SMITE) WITHOUT them already plugged in, the sound plays through my speakers. The headset works properly if I have it plugged in pre-launch. Is there any way I can fix this? (Yes I have installed the drivers and the Logitech software)

popatim

Splendid
I had the same issue with my G35's. It's caused by the headset using its own builtin soundcard and the software not picking up the change in the default playback device (usb vs your on-board). I've basically switched back to using a better quality pair of stereo headphones and the improved quality actually helps in the positional tracking of sound sources in a game to me better then the 7.1 ever did. Soory I don't know the name off them (not at home) but I got the suggestion from an audiophile website several years ago (so they probably aren't made anymore) and gave it a try and was pleased. I'd suggest you pick up a pair of better sound quality headphones and give them a try. return them if the 7.1's do better for you, I understand everyone's hearing and tastes are not the same :)

Cobi3150

Prominent
Mar 1, 2017
"Try picking up a better quality headset" these are already $200 and have top end sound quality. I know youre trying to help but at least look up the headset before you make the response.

popatim

Splendid
Funny, I did ...and don't see those on any of the recommended Audiophile headphone lists anywhere. Only reviews of them are at gaming sites oddly.
3 stars on newegg. 3.5 stars on Amazon. Both priced at $100 so I assume you bought yours a few years ago.
Peace and Good luck to you.

Cobi3150

Prominent
Mar 1, 2017

Again not checking stuff, the headset itself only released about 1.5 years ago, I also got it like 2 months ago. The headset is $200 canadian on amazon and is rated 4.2 it should be higher but someone didnt know that the software existed for it and rated it 1 star so even then your info is wrong.