Solved! Logitech H340 (Wired USB) static noise when audio is played

Sep 13, 2018
I bought this headset last week, but I've noticed recently that it makes a static noise when audio is playing. I've tried plugging it into every USB port in my computer as well as my laptop but it didn't go away. I also tried re-installing the audio driver from Realtek, but it seems that it's a problem with the headset.

If anyone has a solution, it would be greatly appreciated!

Solution
Since it's a USB device, it will have it's own sound drivers so try disabling all the realtek devices. Also try disabling the mic on the headset and see if that makes a difference.

It does support linux so you could try a live USB of Ubuntu 18.04, run it in live mode and just click on the speaker icon to select your USB headset, and see if it also has static problems outside of windows.
Sep 13, 2018

I've tried disabling the realtek device and the microphone but it wasn't affected.

Just installed ubuntu to test it out, but it seems that although there's a little bit of difference, it's still there. It's a lot more noticeable when the audio is quiet as the intensity of the sound doesn't really seem to be affected by the volume.

Not sure if this is in any way related but on ubuntu, there was a cracking sound when adjusting the volume of a video on youtube through the website, but adjusting the volume through the system didn't have that problem.

Sep 13, 2018

Can't return it unfortunately but I'll see what I can do with the warranty. Thank you for the help!