Logitech Launches Creepy Ad for Google TV Box

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bearracuda

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010
I can't help but wonder how giant, successful corporations who go out and spend millions of dollars researching advertising can come up with such stupid fuckin' commercials. Seriously. They sat around at a big board meeting tossing out ideas, and the one they picked is... this?

That said, part 4 wasn't bad. XD But the other 2 were just retarded. Not to mention obnoxious.

They aren't even sending a good message. They aren't giving customers any reason to want the product. They're just saying "Buy our shit cuz it's been too long since you've used your TV." Basically.

Dirtman73

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2009
Not creepy at all. On a hardware note, let's hope these things aren't as cheaply made as the rest of Logitech's hardware. Plasticplasticplastic FTL.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]scione[/nom]If my tv did that Id set it on fire[/citation]
It would just jump in the pool, since it's waterproof it seems.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]Dirtman73[/nom]Not creepy at all. On a hardware note, let's hope these things aren't as cheaply made as the rest of Logitech's hardware. Plasticplasticplastic FTL.[/citation]
I like my Logitech stuff, been using this keyboard and mouse (both wireless and Logitech) since 2003 and they work perfectly, this is with MANY drops and falls and 3 moves.

marraco

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2007
I had cable. Back then, I paid for lots of channels wich had nothing interesting.
For the really interesting tings, I was supossed to pay even more.

I forgot about TV.

G

Whatever they're trying to do here, it doesn't work, creepy or not.

RabidFace

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
The ads were freakin' hilarious. Saw this post this morning but wanted to see AD 3. Found it after work :) AD 4 is still my favorite :)

But has anyone actually looked on the Logitech website to what this thing actually does? Seems like a device for the uninitiated about hooking up your computer to your TV :)

Cyex

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2002
[citation][nom]hunter315[/nom]WTF? I am tempted to bolt my TV to a solid object.[/citation]
You mean like a pencil? Pencils are solid objects.

dorker

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2009
TV misses you? That's BS.
TV is on its last leg in front of the internet as the primary purveyor or entertainment.

zain_asad

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]braneman[/nom]look up the grapist, its almost as bad.[/citation]
Open wide, 'cause I'm gonna grape ya in the mouth!

Status
Not open for further replies.