Logitech Z-5300 Subwoofer, No Volume-Controller

mattcat83

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2010
Is there a way to make use of Logitech's Z-5300 subwoofer without the volume control? I recently acquired one without the satellite speakers (which usually isn't a problem) but also without the proprietary volume control. Now, usually most audio systems' subwoofers never work without their proprietary volume-controllers but this one connects into the subwoofer's amplifier via a male VGA port and I was wondering whether I could jury-rig it into functionality, deceiving it into thinking there was a volume-controller there. idk if Logitech sells them separately but I doubt it. I wonder if I could make use of another volume-controller that is sold separately for some other system. hmm...

<http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Z-5300-5-1-Channel-Surround-Speaker/dp/tech-data/B0000C20R9/ref=de_a_smtd>

mattcat83

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2010

Well, I don't really have much money (which is how I came into possession of this sub-woofer to begin with), so I just try to everything myself regardless. :) Maybe somebody out there but I contacted Logitech and they discontinued selling them, even in pieces.

If there's a way some "qualified person" could do it, then I'll try to figure out what they'd do and just do it myself. All I need to know is how and with what tools.