Logitech Z-5500 please help me

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

douglasw

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2012
With the sub woofer its not a direct thing it dont have to be pointed at you to listen to the bass..In the instruction it says to point the speaker at yourself for best performence but thats not the deal with the sub you can place it anywhere in the room...But for best performence never place your sub in a corner or next to a wall or the worst place under your computer table..What happens you create vibration & that distorts your sound...What iv done to cut back on vibration i built my own vibration damper that my sub sits on.You can buy them but its to easy to make your own and does it ever cut back on vibration plus i put my speakers on stands so i pretty well eliminated about 80 percent of the vibration leaving you with far better quality sound...Plus what helps big time is a good sound card...Check out the high end creative sound cards

douglasw

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2012
An extra tip...never use volume boost less your looking for trouble...The music now a days have a much bigger bit rate...Youll see now music being remastered and you starte using your volume boost your going to blow up your system