Logitech Z333 Issues

Ascendus

Commendable
Jul 21, 2016
Hi,

I have the Logitech Z333 speaker set, which consists of one sub-woofer and two small speakers. I purchased it in April this year. They have been fine so far, but just today, I noticed a kind of buzzing/static sound occurring in one of the speakers at certain points in songs.

Does anyone know what might be causing this, and any possible fix? The speakers have no entry points by which to be repaired, so it would have to be a software fix. Drivers, perhaps? Otherwise I will have to purchase a new set.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
I doubt it's a software/driver issue. Nine times out of ten these issues are about a hardware problem which are one of two things: a dirty input jack or audio out port or a failing wire going into the speaker. First try rubbing the speaker input jack with rubbing alcohol then insert it into the audio port on the PC (do this with the PC unplugged from the power supply and let it air out for a few hours before turning on). In extremely rare cases it could be a failing audio chip on the motherboard (assuming you do not have a dedicated PCI sound card).

If that doesn't work, then it's likely a wire connection going bad in the speaker. This is one reason I cannot stand PC speakers as they do not have dedicated positive/negative input jacks...

10tacle

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
I doubt it's a software/driver issue. Nine times out of ten these issues are about a hardware problem which are one of two things: a dirty input jack or audio out port or a failing wire going into the speaker. First try rubbing the speaker input jack with rubbing alcohol then insert it into the audio port on the PC (do this with the PC unplugged from the power supply and let it air out for a few hours before turning on). In extremely rare cases it could be a failing audio chip on the motherboard (assuming you do not have a dedicated PCI sound card).

If that doesn't work, then it's likely a wire connection going bad in the speaker. This is one reason I cannot stand PC speakers as they do not have dedicated positive/negative input jacks where you do the wiring yourself.

Solution