Solved! Logitech Z506 Speakers not compatible with my mobo? Realtek Audio App not opening?

Jarsnofski

Prominent
Jun 22, 2017
Hello, I just got me a set of logitech z506 speakers and I am having a lot of issues. First of all I can't get a full view of the speakers because the realtek app isn't launching. My motherboard is the MSI B350M Gaming Pro and it only contains pink, green, and blue audio female plugs and the speakers I have need me to plug in a black and orange one? When I plug in the green one the 2 front speakers work fine but the middle, rear, and subwoofer speakers do not work if i plug in all the cables. Is there an external sound card I can get like this one here?:
http://amzn.to/2DWpU0M

I would like to try to avoid getting an internal sound card and before I buy a external one please let me know if there is a solution. If you need anymore information I will respond as quickly as I can.

Solution
Try uninstalling and reinstalling the sound driver package for your motherboard (and Windows version) from the mobo's website again, then reboot. Does the audio device show up correctly in Device Manager. Also, fyi, the nVidia Hi Def is for audio out thru hdmi from your graphics card. Disable/uninstall that portion of your nVidia stuff if you don't need it (or, potentially, you could buy an HDMI to HDMI adapter that also has 5.1 audio outs)

Jarsnofski

Prominent
Jun 22, 2017

I tried that but the speakers still will not play audio. Still only the front speakers.

Jarsnofski

Prominent
Jun 22, 2017
Speakers "Realtek High Definition Audio"
LG IPS FULLHD-C "NVIDIA High Definition Audio" I know it's not this one because it doesn't play at all when it's checked.

Jarsnofski

Prominent
Jun 22, 2017
I read another forum and this guy got the speakers to work with the same exact motherboard but he was able to launch the realtek audio hd application but I still can't get it to open!

dudio

Admirable
Try uninstalling and reinstalling the sound driver package for your motherboard (and Windows version) from the mobo's website again, then reboot. Does the audio device show up correctly in Device Manager. Also, fyi, the nVidia Hi Def is for audio out thru hdmi from your graphics card. Disable/uninstall that portion of your nVidia stuff if you don't need it (or, potentially, you could buy an HDMI to HDMI adapter that also has 5.1 audio outs)

Solution