Logitech Z906 working different after reconnecting them

CrashikCZ

Estimable
Aug 3, 2014
Hello guys.

From the moment I bought these speakers, I did not have to move them anywhere. However, I had to relocate them and when I plugged them back to the computer, something changed. For the ones who own/owned these speakers, there are three effects you can use. 3D activates all the speakers and adds the 3D effect (good for movies, bad for music), the second effect is 4.1, which basically activates all the speakers except the center and makes the four speakers play equally and the third is just plain 2.1, where only two front speakers and subwoofer play. When you push the effect button one more time, you can somehow customize the settings. I had the speakers set on the last effect that allowed all the speakers to play equally without any surround/3d/whatever effect and I always switched between this and the 3D effects (depends if I listen music or watch movies). After the relocation of the whole setup, the 3D, 4.1 and 2.1 work as a charm BUT the last effect does not work anymore and works as the 2.1 effect (center and rear speakers are turned off).

I would be very grateful to anyone, who would help me to set it back as it was before.

Sound card: Asus P8Z77V-LK (integrated on-board)
Speakers: Logitech Z906

Screen with the speakers configuration: pic

When I check the speaker fill option, nothing happens. When I press the play button next to 5.1 Speaker, all of the speakers including subwoofer make a certain sound. When I play a song on youtube for example, only 2.1 sound is played (before the relocation, I could play anything from any source in 5.1 - equally from every speaker).

I will answer all your tips/tricks/suggestions/advices asap.

Thank you very much, crash.

CrashikCZ

Estimable
Aug 3, 2014
Edit: New info. I reinstalled the sound card driver and from now on, when I turn on the speaker fill, it allows me to play music from the computer by all speakers but not equally (I can only hear some background music from rear speakers). The fourth effect now does basically the same thing as the 3D (5.1 with surround) effect. Any suggestion on how to make them sound all equally like it was set before?

Also, I have just noticed, that if I play any video on youtube, I only get 2.1 sound on the fourth effect.

Thanks for your reply.