Longboard Made Awesome With Windows 8 Tablet & Kinect

Status
Not open for further replies.

fyasko

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2010
as someone who skates, it's difficult to "hold a pose" in order to move effectively. body movement and shifting of one's weight is critical when skating, i don't see how using this thing would be fun. also one puddle or "accident" and your kinect board is toast.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
10 miles on that in city traffic ?
Doing it on a bicycle is a -sometimes risky- challenge here in Florida.
This board, as cool as the idea it, sure would be asking for trouble even on a sidewalk.

Still, I'd love to give it a try :)

philwheat

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2012
Guys,
Phil here - the person in the first two videos. Basically this is a tech demonstrator we put together to see where the edges of the components are. Kinect (sunlight, motion, power), tablet (vibration, environment, battery life), Phidgets board, and our custom hardware components. Everyone always takes things into the lab to "test" them in controlled environments - we thought we'd take them into the real world and see what really happens (and have some fun as well.) As you may have see in other videos - we at the CM Labs group do two types of projects - the Why and the Wow. This is the Why side "Why would you do that" - look for the "Wow, now I see where you were headed" side very soon (Soon = weeks).

And Nesto1000 - check our web site (specifically our Labs page.) I think you'll find our sense of propriety appropriate. I mean, we haven't even started work on the rocket assist escape boosters for our Zombie proof bunker yet. (Not to imply we won't finish before we really need them!)

philwheat

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2012
fyasko - I'm not a skater myself (I'm the hardware/software side of our team) but I can say that whurley looks like he LOVES riding it. He keeps trying to ride off with it after our shoots and we have to make sure he brings it back to show to other people!

Status
Not open for further replies.