Solved! Looking for 1st Laptop

klockwerk

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2008
Hi, I'm looking for my 1st laptop. I work as a trucker and am out on the road 5 days a week. I'd like to be able to entertain myself with watching dvds and playing games like Fallout3/NewVegas, though I'm not much of a gamer. Price is a big factor, I'd like to stay under $600 if possible. Wireless is a non-issue, but an Ethernet port is a must. And I'll use it as a musical comp sketchpad (for the home DAW), if I can find the right software.

Been looking at a base line Sager (15", I5, GPU), but I'm hesitant because of the price. Is the 500gig + SSD mem HD a big difference maker?

Solution
Hello and welcome to the forums :)
Well,first of all,you won't find a gaming laptop within your price range.With the
Sager laptop(assuming you mean NP3250) you can play those games on low settings on a low resolution,but it can handle all other tasks perfectly fine.
Adding a SSD will definitely help you in the overall responsiveness of the OS and reduces the load times significantly
Hello and welcome to the forums :)
Well,first of all,you won't find a gaming laptop within your price range.With the
Sager laptop(assuming you mean NP3250) you can play those games on low settings on a low resolution,but it can handle all other tasks perfectly fine.
Adding a SSD will definitely help you in the overall responsiveness of the OS and reduces the load times significantly

Solution

klockwerk

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2008
Yes, the NP3250 is what I was thinking about? I wonder how bad Intel integrated video is if you have say an I3 proc and 4 Gig of memory. Where do I find the info that says how truely horrible Intel integrated graphics are?

And I wasn't thinking about a SSD (well someday), rather Sager options a 500GB (w/ 4GB SSD Memory) Seagate XT.

Ah well, champagne tastes on a burger budget.