looking for 3d modelling and gaming laptop around 2000 usd

Kamal Chagla

Estimable
May 12, 2014
I want to use solidworks,ansys,alias,etc on my laptop but i also want to game with it.I have heard of even alienwares crashing and burning out in the process.what would be a wise decision?! I wanted to buy the gigabyte aorus or the asus rog.Im preffering the aorus because of size in comparisions but i am not so sure.

Dblkk

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013
I have the Asus g750, js version with gtc 870m is my version. Coated $1759.

I use mine for video rendering, solid works, AutoCAD, and the such.

Msi gt79dominator pro similar price but has i7 4800 and gtc 880m 8gb gddr5.

Or slim versions like you said.

I chose Asus rog, because cooling, and overall laptop quality. It's not the best bang for buck, that's all mid. And for gaming msi holds its own against thermal throttling and heat is pretty decent but gives loud fan noise during. But when your rendering, you use 100% CPU and gpu. That's when things get really hot. I went full 10lb Asus with dual fans as the slim notebooks just can't push that much air compared to the thicker ones, and I have 3 2.5" drives, took out DVD and put in blu ray burner, installed a msata x2 raid card and put 2 Samsung 840 evo msata in raid 0 for boot, and have a 1tb samadung 840 evo 2.5" for data storage. Quality is excellent, I have my 32gb ram ddr3 1866mhz, 3 tb ssd storage, blu ray burner, all in just a pleasant to use (but big yes) laptop. Trade off some weight and got a pure desktop replacement.