Looking for a 2 in 1 laptop

ANNassrallah917

Prominent
Jun 7, 2017
i'm going to universality majoring in computer engineering and I'm looking for a 2 in 1 laptop or tablet that is good for programming, watching movies/YouTube videos and i'm interested in learning
how to edit video/photos (Photoshop) i already have a 15" laptop (core i7-4510U, 8GB Ram) but i need smaller more portable one to take notes in. my budget is 900$.

the ones i found are the new Microsoft Surface go or the new Samsung galaxy tab s4 but i cant decide

Solution
Your budget and your wants unfortunatly have a $200-300 disparity.

For your engineering/video editing/photo editing you need i7-8550U cpu and 16GB ram which is going to propel the costs to $1200. Insult to injury, even memory is not something you can upgrade in 2-in-1 chasis, let alone the cpu.

Not sure what size of laptop you are looking for.
What I am going to get latter this year is upgrade to the lenovo yoga 920 with the specs listed above. This will be $1200-1300 though.
This takes the traditional 13" sized laptop chassis and fits an edge to edge 14" display into it.

Other options:
Lenovo yoga 720(15" model), lenovo yoga 730 (13" model), and dell xps 13 (13" obviously).
The XPS 13 is a very nice laptop.....but since it is a...
Your budget and your wants unfortunatly have a $200-300 disparity.

For your engineering/video editing/photo editing you need i7-8550U cpu and 16GB ram which is going to propel the costs to $1200. Insult to injury, even memory is not something you can upgrade in 2-in-1 chasis, let alone the cpu.

Not sure what size of laptop you are looking for.
What I am going to get latter this year is upgrade to the lenovo yoga 920 with the specs listed above. This will be $1200-1300 though.
This takes the traditional 13" sized laptop chassis and fits an edge to edge 14" display into it.

Other options:
Lenovo yoga 720(15" model), lenovo yoga 730 (13" model), and dell xps 13 (13" obviously).
The XPS 13 is a very nice laptop.....but since it is a 13" edge to edge screen cramed into an 11.5" sized laptop is a little too small for my day to day use (I am 6'3" so my hands/fingers dont like super tiny keyboards).

HP is too hit or miss on quality for me to recomend and there is nothing better about the x360 over the options above
Toshiba/Acer have been lower quality for years now
Asus makes decent stuff, but their zenbook flip line (their 2-in-1s) specifically are not very good.
The sruface PRO is a good laptop but at the performance you need is gong to be well outsdie the budget.

Tablets are not even close to being sufficient for your needs. If you want to browse facebook or dock a keyboard and use google docs then sure. For your needs though, trying to use a tablet over a laptop would be like hitting a nail in with a crescent wrench instead of a hammer.

Solution