Looking for a budget laptop

Kingpin007

Honorable
Feb 14, 2013
I live in India. I have a budget of around Rs. 25,000 /- give or take 5,000/-
That means my budget is around (305$ to 460$)
Here are the websites which will give you an approximate idea of the laptops available in india:

1) flipkart.com
2) amazon.in
3) snapdeal.com
4) ebay.in

The total money I have is around Rs. 30,000 if I get the laptop at 25k then I cwill upgrade the HDD to an SSD to get faster boot times and lower app loading times. If the laptop costs 30k I won't be able to upgrade to an SSD. I will not be gaming on this laptop, this laptop will be mostly used for photoshop, light video editing and MS office.
The biggest use for this laptop is watching movies and TV shows so a 1080p screen is preferred. I can go over budget slightly if I can get a good screen, the laptop should be preferably light (les than 2kgs but heavy laptops are not a deal breaker)

Anyway, any help is appreciated.

Solution
I'm not sure how different prices are over there, but you may want to look for something with a Pentium N3540 since there are quite a few laptops from Dell and Acer which use it. One thing to note is that you won't get dedicated graphics but it should be fine for your needs (not sure about video editing though, but photo editing should be fine). As long as you go for a 14-inch laptop with this set-up it should be quite light as well although you may have difficulty in finding one in 1080p.

audie-tron25

Estimable
Mar 23, 2015
I'm not sure how different prices are over there, but you may want to look for something with a Pentium N3540 since there are quite a few laptops from Dell and Acer which use it. One thing to note is that you won't get dedicated graphics but it should be fine for your needs (not sure about video editing though, but photo editing should be fine). As long as you go for a 14-inch laptop with this set-up it should be quite light as well although you may have difficulty in finding one in 1080p.

Solution