Solved! Looking for a budget Smartphone, with the following criteria:

EvilHamster

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012
Hi all, I am not a big phone user, the one I currently have cost me 60 pounds (a Doogee X5 or 6). I decided to upgrade with something worth roughly 150-200 pounds.

I was for example looking at the Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite.

My requirements are as follows:

Important:
-Nice audio (via 3.5mm headphones. I do not care about inbuilt speakers)
-Decent/modern look
-Usable Microphone (the one I have makes it hard for people to hear me when I talk. I want nothing fancy, but it should be a workable phone)
-long battery-life
-a decent camera

Decently important:
-For it to be snappy while using
-make decent videos
-Ok or better screen (i.e even if screen is 720p, I am ok with it, so long as the camera is decent, as I do not view on the phone)
-touch should be accurate (on the cheaper ones, sometimes you press, and the phone selects something a mile away)

Any suggestions?

Cheers all.

Solution
Moto G6, Nokia 7.1, the really cheap ones are going to fall short in many ways. You are really trying to pack a bit much in a budget phone, you need to start at the top of your budget or look for used phones. You can probably find an iPhone 6s or Samsung S6 or S7 in your budget. What is available for models exactly would depend on your area.
Moto G6, Nokia 7.1, the really cheap ones are going to fall short in many ways. You are really trying to pack a bit much in a budget phone, you need to start at the top of your budget or look for used phones. You can probably find an iPhone 6s or Samsung S6 or S7 in your budget. What is available for models exactly would depend on your area.

Solution

EvilHamster

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012
Thank you for the replay. Yes, I am sure I am aiming a little, high, but thats the point right :).

Anyway, from the specs alone the Xiaomi does seem better than the G6, though of course that means very little, since the non-listed part of the specs are something one often forgets. Such as how nice the touch screen is, or the microphone, or audio quality etc. But yeah...

The thing is, both phones seem rather close to what I want, indeed unless they are hiding some ugly parts, they ARE what I am looking for... I just want to make sure I pick the "best" (i.e. best for me).

Cheers, and I will think a bit more on it. If any more suggestions should come up, I would love to hear them.

P.S. I was also looking at the Cubot X18 https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cubot-Plus-Android-Smartphone-Unlocked/dp/B07BFVTXYY/ref=sr_1_65_sspa?s=telephone&ie=UTF8&qid=1544206425&sr=1-65-spons

That too seems decent enough, but again... the "hidden" specs matter a lot. So if anyone has any knowledge of it, I would love to hear.