Looking for a cheap laptop for School (Solved)

GetOwnedGaming

Honorable
Jan 20, 2014
Hello everyone! My parents are getting me and my brother laptops for school this year. We need at least 4gb of RAM, 500 GB HDD, Don't really care about the processor as long as its above 2.5 GHZ. I don't want a touch screen. Our budget is ABOUT $350 each MAX. I would like Windows 8.1 but 7 is fine. Thanks guys!

Solution
Have you looked at a chromebook? It should do everything you want sans minecraft. If you want more then it's better to buy something much better. And honestly I've been super impressed with the performance of the chromebooks. If you want to game, then spend 1200-1500 on a desktop later and it will be top of the line and will last you years. The Chromebook will get you through college and they're only $200. They use google drive to do everything, so it won't have proprietary office and things like that on it. But Drive can handle word and powerpoint files no problem. Everything gets stored in the cloud which means you can even access your files from your phone.

Just my thought. At your budget, it's your best bet...

GetOwnedGaming

Honorable
Jan 20, 2014

Steve Simons

Estimable
May 31, 2014
Have you looked at a chromebook? It should do everything you want sans minecraft. If you want more then it's better to buy something much better. And honestly I've been super impressed with the performance of the chromebooks. If you want to game, then spend 1200-1500 on a desktop later and it will be top of the line and will last you years. The Chromebook will get you through college and they're only $200. They use google drive to do everything, so it won't have proprietary office and things like that on it. But Drive can handle word and powerpoint files no problem. Everything gets stored in the cloud which means you can even access your files from your phone.

Just my thought. At your budget, it's your best bet performance-wise. The drawbacks for a standard machine are just too great at that price point.

Solution
G

Acer is actually one major brand, just that their gaming models max out at 760m. They are perfectly fine for non-gamers

Anyway, thumbs up for chromebooks, 13'', thin, light weight, small, powerful enough and cheap