Looking for a Desktop Handwriting (Notes) Application [SS]

SkyNT2

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2011
Hello,

tl;dr: Looking for a useful desktop handwriting software, willing to pay money.

A couple months ago I set out to build a giant screen system for my workstation, maximizing my desktop space and view since everything I work with is in electronic format and I am a developer.

I setup a central 40" 1080p screen in the middle with my two old 22" in portrait mode on either side, for a total pixel screen real estate of about 19"*54" or about 7sqf. Needless to say this was a lot of space on my desk.

(Original thread here: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/60682-3-triple-monitor-setup-feedback#t392376)

Soon doodling in photoshop with an input pen while on the phone led to using the screen as a place to write down memos. Which leaves me to the following image:

unled1sxb.jpg

I love writing on the desktop. It's quick, easy, in-your-face reminders, saves on stationary (post it notes always fall off...) and you can annotate things like files or your Rainmeter apps or whatever. Those notes in the screenshot were taken with EpicPen, a curious SourceForge find, but it's not without it's problems. It's not very customisable so I had to, for example, use DeskPins to kill it's "always ontop" attribute. There are also some bugs with multi-screen (often I can't draw anywehere above or to the left of the top left corner of the main monitor, the monitor in the center) and notes aren't always properly saved on shutdown.

Has anyone stumbled across something a little more robust? The developer of EpicPen seems MIA. Most "Handwriting software" I have come across are for presentations, not for note taking. Sure there are a billion typable post-it-note apps out there but making diagrams and quick notes is so much more useful.

Requirements I think are important in decreasing order:
-"Always ontop" optional
-Saves and loads drawing correctly on start and shutdown
-Smooth drawing
-Multiscreen support
-Smart hotkey assignment or customizable hotkeys!
-Minimalist UI
-Drawing options: colors, brush sizes, opacity.
-Lightweight

Thanks.

SkyNT2

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2011

Mhm I have the Pen and Touch. It works allright. I'm looking for software though. And nothing in their "Wacom app store" does the trick.

starzty

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
Microsoft Journal does ok handwriting recognition. I'm a long time tablet user and my handwriting is criminally bad, it compensates quite well. Could you install it? I am not sure what the requirements are in 7