Looking for a good PC/Laptop for live streaming and recording gameplay

peterrcliff

Commendable
Aug 29, 2016
I record videos for YouTube and have recently gotten into live streaming. It's a ton of fun and I want to do it more often but i'm working with a very restricted setup. Currently I use a MacBook Pro which has been great for recording/editing videos. However i've been trying to live stream off of it and it just does not work. Most capture cards aren't compatible for streaming on Macs and when I try different ways of doing so (recording capture windows, etc.), my Mac doesn't have enough power to do all these things at once. So i'm looking for a good PC or Laptop that can live stream and run multiple programs at once. I don't want to spend an outrageous amount of money so if you could suggest something that can do what I want well at the cheapest price I can get that would be great! Thanks everyone!

Solution
I suggest you look into laptops with Intel quad core CPUs since you are going to need processing performance to play the games and also stream the games.

Laptop #2 in the above post is an example of such a laptop.

I prefer the 15.6" Dell XPS 15 9550 which has a quad core i5-6300HQ for $1,200 or the i7-6700HQ for $1,400. Core i7 CPUs has Hyper Threading (HT) which allow each core to process up to 2 sets of instructions at the same time. Video encoding can typically take advantage of HT as long as the video codec being used has been developed to take advantage of HT. However, typical background Windows functions can make use of HT.

http://www.dell.com/us/p/xps-15-9550-laptop/pd
I suggest you look into laptops with Intel quad core CPUs since you are going to need processing performance to play the games and also stream the games.

Laptop #2 in the above post is an example of such a laptop.

I prefer the 15.6" Dell XPS 15 9550 which has a quad core i5-6300HQ for $1,200 or the i7-6700HQ for $1,400. Core i7 CPUs has Hyper Threading (HT) which allow each core to process up to 2 sets of instructions at the same time. Video encoding can typically take advantage of HT as long as the video codec being used has been developed to take advantage of HT. However, typical background Windows functions can make use of HT.

http://www.dell.com/us/p/xps-15-9550-laptop/pd

Solution
For this you will need a good cpu like an i7 - 6700HQ, good storage as video editing involves importing and exporting videos, a good gpu for the games you are playing and a good wifi card (I don't know what a capture card is so if this is the same sorry) so that you can stream while you play.