Looking for a great laptop for a great price

Katmat6

Commendable
Nov 3, 2016
I am needing a new laptop for college and home use that is great buy. I don't know what to look for. Please help? Right now I have a AMD processor and it's really slow.

Solution

If you are looking for something that cheap you really should post what system you have now that you think is too slow since $300 laptops are slow. You will just go from one slow system to a newer slow system.

A "great buy" can vary, a $1,500 laptop that is on sale for $1,200 is a great buy. Something like "a laptop for $500" or "Under $300" is a bit more useful.

There are many AMD processors, you need to list a lot more details about your budget, what you have now, why you don't like it, screen size, etc...

In the $300 and bellow range you are going to be stuck with the slower AMD processors, and it will not last you through your college years.
If you can just get yourself up to the $400 range then we can find a decent i3 cpu that will be fast enough and will actually have enough build quality to last more then 1.5-2 years.

I would also highly suggest looking into OEM outlet stores. Lenovo, Dell, and others have outlet store where they resale returned laptops or laptops that arrived with a scratch for 10-30% cheaper with a full 1 year warranty still.

If you are looking for something that cheap you really should post what system you have now that you think is too slow since $300 laptops are slow. You will just go from one slow system to a newer slow system.

Solution

Katmat6

Commendable
Nov 3, 2016

Thanks what do u feel about Chromebooks?