Looking for a laptop similar to these specs

AlanHartigan

Prominent
Mar 9, 2017
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a laptop similar to this - ASUS 15.6-inch UX560UQ 360 Degrees Rotatable Touchscreen Full HD ZenBook (Intel Core i7-7500U Processor, 12 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD + 2 TB Storage Drive, Nvidia GeForce 940MX Graphics Card, Windows 10, Includes Sub Woofer). I won't be using it for gaming however, so the Graphics card isn't really important to me. so I would imagine I could get something similar a bit cheaper? This one worked out at around €1500. Any recommendations welcome

Thanks.

Solution
That is a good laptop but the compile times maybe slow if the program has a lot of code. Quad cores are preferred when programming. If you are learning to do this, then the laptop will be fine. I don't think you will be able to add another storage as it is a 13 inch laptop.

What will you be using this laptop for? Also what websites do you use to buy laptops from?

AlanHartigan

Prominent
Mar 9, 2017

I will be doing Android development for the most part, but general use also. I was looking up a few sites for reviews and what laptops but I was just going to buy from Amazon. I was looking at the Zenbook UX330-UA FB100T. Not sure if I can add another hard drive though as it only comes with a 512gb ssd. I was thinking of adding a 1tb hdd or something like that.

That is a good laptop but the compile times maybe slow if the program has a lot of code. Quad cores are preferred when programming. If you are learning to do this, then the laptop will be fine. I don't think you will be able to add another storage as it is a 13 inch laptop.

Solution

AlanHartigan

Prominent
Mar 9, 2017

I won't be doing any major projects on it for now as I am only keeping it fresh in my mind. Not writing much code in my new job so i'm just trying to keep it up. It can't be much worse than my current laptop, over 3 mins for a gradle build!.

Thanks for the information.