Looking for a laptop

The-Only-One

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014
1. What is your budget?
I would like to be somewhere between 500-650.
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
At least a 15.6in but bigger is fine.
3. What screen resolution do you want?
It really doesn't matter but the best possible on my budget.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
They are all portable to me :)
5. How much battery life do you need?
3-5 hours I suppose
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
I am not a hardcore gamer but I do play wow, Diablo and I like running emulators(ps2)
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
I will do some Photo editing, mainly internet and streaming
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
750-1tb would be fine
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
TigerDirect, Newegg and Amazon mainly but as long as the site is secure I am okay with it
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
For as long as it will stay running
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
I only need a DVDrom but I am fine with not having a DVDrom.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I will not buy a Dell or Gateway. I am not to sure I want to invest in another HP as I already have one. I have been kind of leaning toward Asus, Acer, or Lenovo but I am open to suggestions.
13. What country do you live in?
USA
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I would really like to have a backlit keyboard and windows 7(yes I know its a very small chance)

I have found a Acer Aspire V5-552G-X852 for 609 on Amazon I am just not sure of what exactly I need in a laptop.