Looking for a New 2-in-1 Laptop that fits my Graphic Design/Modeling and Research needs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brianna_4

Commendable
Apr 23, 2016
Hi, I am looking for a new laptop that fits my needs.
The needs are (No specific order of importance):
- 2-in-1 Tablet/Laptop -- Being detachable does not make a difference to me
- Great display for graphics
- Be able to handle 3D rendering, Heavy Photoshop use
- Powerful, can handle some games
- Battery durability (I will be using this for astro research as well, so I need to bring this to labs and observatories)
- Budget <$2,000

If you feel that there may be an excellent choice for me, let me know! Thank you!

*EDIT: I currently own a dell xps 14, and I do not like Dells! Thank you!

Solution

Get the ram yourself, its far cheaper, and easy to install just pop off the ram door, and then slot them right in.

MolochHD

Commendable
Apr 20, 2016
I do agree that the P40 is a great machine and I am considering it as well for the same type of work. But I have read some reviews which did not really recommend 3d modelling on it as Im guessing it might be a bit slow possibly. The graphic card even if it does have a quadro indeed but it is the low end quadro. So Im nit sure what its performance would be. The P50 has better specs but obviously is more expensivre

Purpletalon55

Respectable
Apr 2, 2016

SInce im i guess the resident expert on the P series lol, im going to chime in and say that the p40 will handle any kind of rendering, graphics design, and modeling. Even lower end quadro chips are fine. I would heavily recommend the P40 as the best option out for the needs you have.

Purpletalon55

Respectable
Apr 2, 2016

Get the ram yourself, its far cheaper, and easy to install just pop off the ram door, and then slot them right in.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.