Looking for a new Smartphone

jeubs

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012
Hey guys,

I'm due for a mobile phone upgrade as I have had this old Nokia C5 for quite some time now (yes, I know it sucks).

As for smartphones, I kinda want one that has a lot of features, great design, fast and a good OS. I don't mind playing around with smartphones to find out the extra features it has.

I've also done some research on Google and have found that the Samsung Galaxy S4 is really good, as well as the HTC One and Nokia Lumia 925.

I'm kinda edging towards the GS4 as I currently have a Samsung F8000 TV.

A mate of mine currently has the iPhone 5, but to me I don't really like it, as it is a very simple smartphone.

It would be very helpful if I could get some opinions on which one you think the best smartphone for me would be (even if it's not listed above). I don't really have a price range, but obviously I wont buy a smartphone if it costs like 2 grand lol.

ipwn3r456

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
It looks like you have a Samsung Smart TV. If you really want to take advantage of the TV, I guess you would want a Samsung Galaxy series phone, such as the Galaxy S4, S3, and the Note 2. I personally own the Galaxy S3, although not a flagship device anymore (presently the Galaxy S4), I really like the features of the phone, the camera, etc. You will need a Samsung phone to connect it to your TV. I don't sure how, since I don't own a smart TV. If I were you, I think I would go and get the Galaxy S4. If you want something bigger, maybe the Note 2, or even the Note 3 that is coming out within months.

jeubs

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012

Hmmm thanks for your reply.

Looks like I will be probably be going for the GS4 for the reason you stated above. To connect your Samsung mobile to the TV, I'm pretty sure you use the program called AllShare Cast.

Me personally, I think the Note 2 is way too big for me lol.

ipwn3r456

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012

I get it. The Note series isn't for everyone, even I think that it's too huge as well. The Galaxy S4 would be the biggest phone that I would get also, anything bigger than that, just no. Have fun with your Galaxy S4 and your Smart TV!

jeubs

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012

Hahaha thanks for all the info! I probably will be getting the GS4 in a couple of weeks! :)

JimmmmmmL

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012
You might crib about a thing or two with Lumia 925 or HTC Once. But, S4 will keep you smiling so it's highly recommended.

P.S. I have never understood by Samsung likes putting the Physical home button.

androidsmart01

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013
Hello
If i was you i would go for the GS4 in my opinion this is the best smartphone out at the moment, and has you said you have already got a samsung tv so there will be no connectivity problems. But if you want to wait till around the 4th of September the SAMSUNG NOTE 3 will be out and this is a beast it will blow anything out of the water at least till the GS5 is released.

www.android-smart.co.uk

jeubs

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012

Would like to get the Note 3, but I find it a bit too big.

Catalin Marin

Honorable
May 21, 2013
I would take the xperia honami, which will be presented on september 4.
it has faster cpu, better camera, bigger battery and its dust and water proof

MrInteresting

Honorable
Jul 13, 2013
Alright. Go for the S4. I just bought it, and honestly, it was the best money i've ever spent. It has an AMAZING screen, and great specs. 2 GB of RAM for a smartphone??? Crazy! The GPU inside it is awesome as well. I would take this phone over the HTC One or the Sony Xperia ZL any day. :D

sora

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013

You did bump an old thread and you do realize that, right?

If you're still deciding by today I suggest either the S4 or the iPhone 5 based on past phone experience and your preference.

sig.jpg

sig.jpg