Looking for a new tablet under 250€

3svh

Estimable
Jul 26, 2014
Hello, I know there are multiple questions like this out there on this site, but I've looked through them and none of them were suite the question I was looking for.

So I'm looking to buy a tablet between the 150€ and 250€, I've put my preferred specs below so that could be helpful. (I took some questions from another thread.)

Is This Your First Time Buying A Tablet?
Yes

Do you already have an operating system in mind?
I prefer android (if possible 4.4, but not necessary), but I don't mind iOS, I'm just not a big fan of Windows based tablets/phones.

What screen size do you have in mind? And your preferred resolution (not required but helps)?
Looking for something bigger than 7", no preferred resolution.

Preferred Brand(s)?
I really like Samsung, since they have physical buttons, which I'm a sucker for. I heard good things about Asus and Acer, but I have no experience with them yet.

Brands Not Preferred?
Anything windows based, I really don't like the interface and the app market is much more limited compared to Android and iOS.

How much do you want to spend on your tablet?
I'd like to spend around €150~€250.

Do you have cellular service? Or do you want the tablet to be WiFi only?
WiFi only.

What do you intend to do with this tablet?
I'm only going to use it to browse the internet, play some music, watch videos on youtube/movies. I will also be connecting to Linux servers to maintain them, but I think that shouldn't be a problem with the right internet connection. I also want to start develop some apps in my spare time, but these will be normal apps, no games or anything, so they won't be too demanding.

I was already looking towards a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 inch, it looks to do everything I need, but I figured I'd ask you guys first. Link to the tablet:http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/galaxy-tab/SM-T3100ZWYXAR

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Might look at the Asus MeMO pads, very nice! Just picked one up for a project and find it comes in very handy for other things as well, may start leaving my laptop at home ;)