Looking for a PC Headset w/ microphone

JPenta

Honorable
Oct 5, 2013
OK, here's my issue:

I have a HP G6-2235US notebook that is pretty much my primary PC, running Win 8. For use in gaming, Skype, etc. I have, or rather had, a headset with microphone. I say had because the plug that does audio input no longer works properly, only sending sound to one ear (my bad ear, ironically), not both ears. This is more than annoying - I'm nearly-deaf in that ear, and only hearing sound in that ear that the other ear doesn't hear causes headaches (because the brain is going "Wait, what?" basically).

So for a long while I just haven't used it, used the PC speakers. Well, now I'm using Skype more, and for video chats I need a good headset.

However, beyond knowing it should probably use the headphone and microphone plugs (I otherwise am running out of USB ports, because I'm using the one on the right side for my mouse, and the two on the left are hard to distinguish from the firewire ports and such), I have no idea what to look for in a headset these days.

Cost for me is, also, a definite consideration: I don't have more than $100 to spend, when one takes into account taxes, shipping, etc. This is why I *really* need a durable headset that, frankly, won't break on me like the current one did.

So I have no idea what the heck to look for, or where to look, or where I might find deals on a good headset. I'm lost in a maze with no way out, help!

JPenta

Honorable
Oct 5, 2013
That is *just* at the edge of my price range. Whether I could afford it would depend on shipping fees, taxes, etc.

Rafastang

Honorable
Aug 11, 2012
I do not know much headphones out there, but try going into this 3 brands:
Razer, Steelseries, Coolermaster (maybe, don't know much about them).
Here's some i like:
Asus ROG Orion, Razer Magaladon, Steelseries Sibera ( there are some for around 60€ ), CM Storm Sonuz for 65€. They are all pretty good.
aaah, budget ones, for a price range of 30€ - 40€ i reccomend CM Storm Ceres :)

JPenta

Honorable
Oct 5, 2013
Rafastang: Thanks for the answer. For the record, I'm in the US - I have no idea as to the differences in availability or prices between the US and Europe, either.

Rafastang

Honorable
Aug 11, 2012
Look them up on newegg or something :D You'll probably find it on the same price range :) If not, it won't differ much :) Good luck!