Looking for a replacement keyboard

darkrothaus

Commendable
Mar 16, 2016
Hi,

I've got an Ultrabook engineering sample that my company received from intel a few years ago.
It's overall still in good shape, only the keyboard and the touchpad are broken.
Usually these pre-series devices go into production with an OEM in one form or another.

I have looked around quite a bit to find a new keyboard for this. While there are some with the same layout and key sizes, the cable is different with a lot of those. I googled everything that's written on the keyboard. The ultrabook itself is not a "thing" it was never on sale and there are only limited quantities of these.

I know this is a long shot - but maybe somebody has an idea.
WP_20150508_21_06_14_Pro.jpg

WP_20150508_21_05_59_Pro.jpg

WP_20150508_21_06_06_Pro.jpg

WP_20150508_20_39_52_Pro.jpg

Thanks,
Patrick

You will probably have to contact Intel to get this, or contact the company that made it. I doubt they would have kept any parts though since that is likely a ultrabook sample that Intel used when they came up with the idea of ultrabook form factor. Basically a sales sample. It's like finding a carburetor for a show car or something, the only place you'd get it is from the manufacturer if it's not in production.

darkrothaus

Commendable
Mar 16, 2016
Thanks guys.
The HP Ultrabook one from Amazon looks very similar - have seen those on eBay too - the number of pins on the cable is different though.
Unfortunately there is no model name for this thing, outside of some intel-internal code names. Like mentioned above, I don't think intel has parts for these kinds of models on stock

I haven't found a single email address for this company to get in touch. Might ask my Chinese friend to call them.

here she is and here