Looking for a thin 15" capable of gaming

Augmentor

Estimable
Jun 6, 2015
I'm in the market for an ultra portable 15" gaming laptop (weight and slimness are very important) due to my need for replacing my Sony Vaio laptop from 2009. I thought the MSI GS60 Ghost Pro was my machine (It has 6gb of RAM in the GPU!), until I brought it home and realized that the touchpad was unusable. This computer costs too much for something like that not to be working properly and needing to use a mouse all the time destroys its portability. So, it appears that all that is left now is the Asus G501/UX501 and the HP Omen 15 (neither of these have the GPU capabilities). I've looked around quite a bit and it seems like these three computers are the only computers in the Thin gaming laptop class. To me, it seems like the Asus has better value than the HP. But, I want something that I can feel good about for instance, if the MSI GS60 Ghost Pro with the 6gb GPU had a properly working touchpad.

My question: Are there any alternative thin 15" laptops to the MSI GS60 Ghost Pro, Asus G501/UX501, and HP Omen 15. If not, what part of the year do these companies generally update their gaming ultra laptops?

The next update will not happen until Intel officially releases there new Skylake generation CPUs. They will be released in conjunction with the release of Windows 10 so that should be about September 2015. You may see some good options for the Christmas season, or you may need to wait until Q1 2016.

Augmentor

Estimable
Jun 6, 2015
Thanks for the responses

I probably came across the Lenovo Y50 about a year ago. It looked good back then but now it's too heavy and doesn't have the right stats. Discovered the Acer V15 Nitro when I discovered the HP Omen 15. The Acer has slightly better stats then the HP Omen but is still too heavy. I've also been looking at Gigabyte's 15" Laptops which have crazy stats and are almost light enough.

Waiting for Skylake and Window 10 not something I want to do but it's looking like a possibility.

Augmentor

Estimable
Jun 6, 2015
That new Razor Blade is something I've overlooked. It's light enough (14" is OK), it's decently powerful, and sexy (I'll definitely take a Razor Blade over an HP Omen 15) but do I really want to pay hundreds more for it when I could get a just as capable Asus G501?

The Razor Blade doesn't seem to be worth the price.

Gamer Cat

Estimable
May 11, 2015

Here is an Acer Nitro on Amazon...
http://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-VN7-591G-70RT-15-6-Inch-Gaming/dp/B00WJSQRNK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1433721646&sr=8-1&keywords=Acer+Nitro&pebp=1433721661459&perid=0KDWXZ45B34H9R4CQKDK

On sale, good specs.