Looking For Barebones Laptop/Barebook

WolfieeifloW

Honorable
Sep 17, 2013
Hello there. First time post on this forum, but I've seen it pop up for all my computer questions.
I'm starting College soon, Computer Programming, and I'm looking into the laptop I need for school.
I built/build my own desktops, so I'm looking into doing it for my laptop too (AKA Barebones/Barebook).
The laptop has some minimum requirements that must be met for the course, I'll list those at the end.
I'm also a big gamer, so the laptop needs to be able to handle some games (Listed in the questions).

Any help is appreciated, as I'm having trouble finding a good barebones/barebook laptop.

1) What is your budget?
Anything less then $1500.

2) What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15.6+ preferably.

3) What screen resolution do you want?
1920x1080, strongly preferred.

4) Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
I'm using it for both school and gaming, so it needs to be portable but still powerful.

5) How much battery life do you need?
Not as important as other things (Assuming school has outlets in classrooms).

6) Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so, then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low, Medium or High)?
Yes! Diablo III, League of Legends, Minecraft (Mostly those three). I would strongly prefer high settings, with 60+FPS, although I can deal with low, as long as it's 60+FPS.etc

7) What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Word processing, computer programming, and, if at all, small photo and video editing.

8) How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
Barebones, so I just get what I want? Anyway, 500GB+.

9) If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Don't know where to buy a barebones/barebook, that's why I'm asking here!
For the parts themselves though, probably Newegg or NCIX, but I'm open to others:
Tigerdirect, directcanada, etc.

10) How long do you want to keep your laptop?
I had a crappy Dell that lasted me like 7+ years.
I take care of my stuff, so I expect it to last.
Although I only really "need" it to last 3-4 years (End of schooling) when I upgrade my Desktop.

11) What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
CD-R/RW / DVD-R/RW writer.

12) Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Any brand is fine really, although I'd like to stick to name brand: Acer, HP, Asus, Toshiba, Dell. I guess I prefer Acer, always had good experiences with them.

13) What country do you live in?
Canada.

The laptop must include the following (Or be able to fit the following, in my base of wanted a barebook), as outlined by the course:
-Intel I7 processor with chipset that must support Intel Virtualization Technology
-8 GB of ram (16 GB preferred)
-500 GB hard drive
-CDRW/DVDRW combo drive
-10/100 Auto Sensing Network Card
-10/100 A/G/N Standard card (one of these standards will suffice)
-Discrete Video Chipset 256 MB or Shared 512 MB
-One USB 3.0 port (two preferred)

I'd also like it to have (Or be able to have/fit) an HDMI port.
Also, I'd like a good video card (Or be able to fit one in). Apparently (From a short read) a laptop that had nVidia or ATI stickered on it will let you know the laptop had dedicated graphics onboard.\

Anyway, I thank you all for your time, and look forward to a reply.

WolfieeifloW

Honorable
Sep 17, 2013
In case it was unclear (My fault), I'm looking for someone to help me find a barebook / barebones laptop that can handle what I've listed/need.