Looking For Best Anti Virus/Malware Currently Out

G

Hello,

I was hoping someone could tell me which software is best for removing any type of security threat a computer may get, whether it be from normal use/social media to downloading something off an infected website accidentally. I've been looking around online and I've heard a lot of good things about BitDefender so I was going to go with them, but I want to make sure before I buy anything. I was also slightly confused as to which BitDefender to buy since they have a few different versions and I plan to use it on Windows 8 and Windows 7, but the Win8 version says it's anti malware and the others only say anti virus. I plan to use it on a gaming laptop, a media laptop, eventually a gaming desktop (going to build one), and an older laptop that's only ever used for e-mail, YouTube and Google, (not sure if that matters). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Mind Games

Honorable
Apr 3, 2013
For daily computing, and also gaming friendly with a one time payment of $25.00 USD,
http://www.malwarebytes.org/

I've owned a copy for 4 years, I've never had issues, it is not noticeable or overwhelming and it is cheap and very high quality for the price.

Good Luck,

-Mind

XiRw

Honorable
Jul 13, 2013
I never had a problem with viruses when using Bitdefender or ESET. The only time I ever had something things malicious on my pc was when I used Kaspersky which I dislike for that. But Bitdefender will keep you safe no doubt. Always use Malwarebytes as a secondary scanner as well.

G

Thanks both of you! I'm going to get BitDefender and also Malwarebyes for all of my machines.

nalin123

Honorable
Sep 6, 2013
Bitdefender and Kaspersky are always best . I personally use escan antivirus which is also very awesome . my computer is working as good as new one.

David Jackson

Honorable
Sep 17, 2013
You should go for the one that provides complete protection to your system. If you are planning to buy Bitdefender then go for its total security version, check its specifications and compatibility with your gaming laptop or desktop. You can also go for some light weight antivirus such as Immunet, kaspersky, Avira etc for your gaming laptop (incase bitdefender does not work for you). Names mentioned here provide complete protection from virus and malwares.