Looking for best ultra zoom

Malartic2012

Commendable
Feb 14, 2016
Hi everybody,

I've been looking for a camcorder with the biggest zoom + image stabilizater like OIS.

It's for video making and not only pictures.

So far my choices goes to :

Panasonic HC-V270 Super Zoom
Panasonic HC-V550K Full HD 90X
Panasonic HC-W570 HD 50X
Panasonic HC-V520 HD 50X
Panasonic HC-V250EB-k Full HD 50X

Donc want to pay more then 400$

Do you have better choices ? Why your choice ?

Thanks.

Solution
Canon has some models in that price range with a 57x Advanced (Optical) zoom (30x Optical zoom). The highest optical zoom I have seen so far is the 50x on the models you listed. Just out of curiosity, why the need for such a high zoom factor?
If you are truly interested in zoom then all of the ones you have listed have essentially the same optical zoom (50x) and digital zoom (90x). You should disregard the digital zoom as it is not a true zoom and using it results in poor quality video. Most, if not all, of those camcorders also have the same size sensor (1/5.8"). Is there any one on that list that you prefer over another? Have you looked into the offerings from Canon or Sony? Other than zoom and OIS are there any other features that you deem crucial or a must have?

Canon has some models in that price range with a 57x Advanced (Optical) zoom (30x Optical zoom). The highest optical zoom I have seen so far is the 50x on the models you listed. Just out of curiosity, why the need for such a high zoom factor?

Solution