Looking for better coolin

sydneyblue203

Estimable
Aug 2, 2014
Hi guys Im trying to find a better gaming coolin pad for me rog g751jl-ds 71 965m. I have right now a cooler master. My cpu temps get around 80c. plus the mainboard gets up there too. Is there a coolin pad on the market that will bring down these temps ? or is just having any pad as long as it has some air flow going in ?

You don't just want a better cooling pad, you need to clean out the laptop and probably re-do the heatsinks with a good brand of heat grease, or contact ASUS for warranty support. Even gaming laptops are made to run during gaming without needing a cooling pad to keep from overheating.

sydneyblue203

Estimable
Aug 2, 2014

Thanks for reply but this laptop is only 4 months old and I never said it was overheating. My cooling pad doesn't lower temps on my laptop but does allow airflow into the slots were the ram is. I was asking for a better cooling pad option as the temps stay around 80c for the cpu on bf4 which is not overheating like I said. I just want to see if I can get them down with the purchase of a cooling pad

Try raising it a bit and just blowing a desk fan over it, see if that drops the heat at all. Seems that CPU does get pretty hot, most people show the same temps as yours. It may run at the same temps even with a cooling pad, the fan thing should give you an idea if it can be lowered that way.

sydneyblue203

Estimable
Aug 2, 2014
after watching some videos about the g751 the intake for this laptop top is actually through the keyboard. Plus I was able to get lower temps by locking fps in certain games like bf4. The results were about 75c to 80c no locked to 70c to 75c locked at 80fps in bf4