Looking for file attribute sorting

Brandon Taylor

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013
As the title states, I'm either looking for a program that gives files attributes for sorting them into categories or an operating system that has built in attributes.

Eg: I have a harddrive of movies and I want to automatically sort the movies using attributes like the year it was made or it's genre

instead of using endless folders and sub folders, I'm looking for an attribute system that allows me to define the search and categorise the movies

Solution
In windows you can see more attributes, in windows explorer right click to the right of the columns, and you'll have more to select, but you have to populate them. Something like kodi, will interpret the names and pull attributes off of IMDB. If you click on the properties of the file under details you'll see them there too. So it's not an OS issue, they are file meta data.

13thmonkey

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2006
In windows you can see more attributes, in windows explorer right click to the right of the columns, and you'll have more to select, but you have to populate them. Something like kodi, will interpret the names and pull attributes off of IMDB. If you click on the properties of the file under details you'll see them there too. So it's not an OS issue, they are file meta data.

Solution