Looking for high-end laptop without GPU

Irivaka

Commendable
Aug 11, 2016
First of all, thanks for reading.

Cue intro:
I am someone with little to no self-control when it comes to gaming. Being a university student that has thrown away close to two years to gaming, I decided to go cold-turkey and sell everything related to gaming.

Cue actual question:
I am now looking for a laptop preferably 15.6 or smaller, for productivity. I've even went to Google's 2nd page of search results, without finding anything that suits my needs. The main programs I run are Visual Studio, Android Studio, Hyper-V, Aptana and eclipse so preferably fast storage and quad core cpu with hyperthreading. Also, NO GPU

Can anyone suggest me what to do, or at least tell me if this is even possible?

SkyNetRising

Estimable
Jan 4, 2016
High end laptops have pretty steep price.
There are Macbook Pro models, that fit your required hardware specs
(15.4" 2880x1800 screen, i7-4770HQ cpu, 256GB ssd, 16BG ram, Iris Pro Graphics 5200):
MJLQ2ZE/A ,
MJLQ2RS/A
Only thing left - is to install windows there.

Let's see if we can keep you on the 'straight and narrow' - it seems you need a very boring low- to medium-strength workstation. Your request for a quad-core CPU and 'No GPU', while understandable, does raise the bar for this mission significantly, as you've found out yourself.

My best advice is to go refurbished and look for a quad-core AMD machine, like these found on Staples:
http://www.staples.com/amd+quad+core+notebook/directory_amd+quad+core+notebook

You'll see that they range from $300 to $1,500 and most of them are refurbished, some new. Go for an HP Elitebook with decent specs, like this one at $1,106:
http://www.staples.com/HP-EliteBook-755-G3-touch-15-6-Touchscreen-Notebook-LED-AMD-PRO-A12-8800B-256GB-SSD-8GB-RAM-WIN-10-Pro-Silver/product_IM13A1957

Quad-core AMD A12, 8GBs of RAM and a 256GB SSD. It does have an AMD Radeon R7 GPU, but don't worry: You won't be gaming on this machine to any enjoyable degree!

Best of luck,
GreyCatz.

Moana Waialiki

Prominent
Jun 14, 2017
You can buy a Windows laptop with quad core processor like the Lenovo ThinkPad T470p laptop. It does have a Nvidia 940 graphics card, which is an entry level graphics card, so you won't game so well. If you are on your last legs to quit gaming, try disabling the Nvidia graphics card and sticking to the integrated Intel HD Graphics. Otherwise, try under clocking the GPU to slow down performance.

But of course, congratulations for the having the strength to quit gaming. It's very good for your future.