Solved! Looking for laptop need advice

kirkws

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
Hello:
I am a teacher living in a remote fly in village northern manitoba. My computer crashed. I was using adobe CS2 SOFTWARE for all my editing. Now I need to purchase new again. My last laptop was purchased for me with necessary programs all integrated and so this time I am on my own. Need help. Have been looking at dell.
Kirk

kirkws

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011

I am a full time artist and part time teacher. I record native peoples stories and tales on video, adding in still shots and making into small movies. I rework photos to insert into movie the movies.
I also work with abused women alot in their recovery and video their stories as part of the process.
So I have a budget of about 1000. I expect to have to buy the CS5 premier and photo shop again as I lost the cs2 suite which will be an extra. I fogot to back up??

kirkws

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
Thank you so much for the info. I am talking to them tomorrow. I was interested in one review which suggested upgrading immediately to ssd 8 gb of 1333 ram. Not sure exactly what that would do from the standard, but he was a video editor as well as gamer. Are there other upgrades for the laptop.

Kirk

kirkws

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
i purchased the 560 with some upgrades want to thank all who wrote in to me. computer arrives monday. thanks again.
Question? are all stand along hard drives of about the same quality. will need one to work with videos??