Looking for low heat laptop for league of legends. (500$)

lovethee

Honorable
Oct 9, 2013
I wanted to buy a computer on a 500$ budget, and I realized that I had a performance cap. Anything that performs better than that is indifferent to me.
The cap would be playing league of legends at lowest settings with little or no heat.
If I can find a laptop that can do this, then it would be perfect.

Preferences:
Windows
Matte screen
Ethernet port
Removable battery (I take off the battery when the laptop is plugged so it lasts longer)

"Which of the following qualities would you prefer? (Choose one, the other, or balanced)"
Long battery life -vs- Low weight: Battery life, in a heartbeat
Build quality -vs- Low price: Low price.
Low noise/heat -vs- High performance: LOW HEAT PLEASE!

I do not care much about the weight or portability of the laptop, I'd rather have a very big and heavy laptop over a small one. I'll mostly use it at home.
And finally, the bigger the screen the better obviously.

ThatVietGuy

Distinguished
If you use "no heat" as a possible requirement you basically narrowed yourself to zero computers. Low heat and that price range may buy you an ultrabook, but it's certainly not going to run any games effectively.

Why does it even matter if it's going to stay at home?

maxwellmelon

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013

well my labtop is low heat hp dv6 with AMD A8 APU and with a dedicated graphics built in running in crossfire setup. but I call low heat 130F playing lol with a combo of high/max settings in LOL and fps of 50-70 range, id run max but it seems to introduce some lag but FPS counter doesn't fall, but then again im told that my dv6 is abnormal for some reason compared to most. I bought it new 3 years ago and cost only 650. Right now my cpu temp is only 95F(basically idle) in this 74F room.

so they do exist just few out there though. Id recommend finding one where you can control the fan speed. then you can raise the fan to keep the temps down. its the only downfall to my hp it is bios locked fan control an no way to get around it or adjust it or I would set it to run faster

lovethee

Honorable
Oct 9, 2013
Will I not get lower temps if I underclock a laptop or if I get one with an adjustable fan?
Which of either would you recommend? If they are unfeasible options, I'll just settle with a cooling pad.

chromenut

Honorable
Oct 10, 2012

I own an lenovo Y510P that gets quite hot when gaming ( but the exterior doesnt get uncomftorable at any point, only a slight sweating in left hand)

1st GPU 90-100% load around 180-190F
2nd GPU 90-100% 190-200F
CPU around 170F

but the laptop itself isnt that hot, for example the "hand rest" ( lower left corner of laptop ) gets to around 90F MAX ( around 70-80 idle )

and if you want to use a laptop in your lap, i recommend getting a cooling pad so you dont block air vents.

edit : idle temps are ;

1st GPU : 104-110F
2nd GPU : mostly 104F all the time

CPU : 104-122F

lovethee

Honorable
Oct 9, 2013

Oh, in that case, ignore heat specifications. I guess my laptop is too old and overheats a lot. The lower part of the laptop actually burns if you touch it.
If it runs LOL at 90F then I could handle it.